Here at Chim-Cheroo, we want to make sure that your chimney sweeping, inspection, or service appointment goes as smoothly as possible. Here are some appointment tips to help:
- In need of non-emergency chimney services or repairs? Consider scheduling these appointments during the spring or summer months for the most flexible and prompt scheduling.
- October through March are our busiest months, so be sure to schedule your appointment at least two weeks prior to when you need the service completed.
- The day prior to your appointment, do not use the fireplace, stove, or insert connected to your chimney. For the safety of our sweeps, it’s imperative that the appliances being serviced are completely cool to the touch. We also ask that, as a courtesy, you remove the ash from your firebox prior to our arrival.
- On the day of your appointment, be sure to remove sentimental and valuable items from your fireplace or stove and the surrounding area. Our sweeps typically need about a 6-foot clearing in which to set up and get to work.
- If you have any questions about the process or chimney and fireplace safety, feel free to ask while we work! We love educating our clients on how to get the most out of their hearths!